Adopt a Chef comes to Beaumont for Years 3 & 4
Tuesday 12th July 2022
Idris from Adopt a Chef came today to work with years 3 & 4. The children learnt how to make bread and used their maths skills of measuring to great effect! The dough will be sent home today for you to enjoy a tasty roll!
- Your dough should by now have doubled in size. Remove from your container and place onto a floured surface.
- Shape your dough either into a round loaf, a long baguette or rolls.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and place your load onto it.
- Dust your loaf with a little flour.
- Cover with a cloth and place in a warm place away from any draughts.
- Allow to prove until it has increased by half.
- Pre heat your oven about 20 minutes before at 220 degrees Celsius.
- Cook for about 20 minutes. If you are making rolls or a baguette, cook for about 12-15 minutes. Enjoy!