Summer Reading Challenge 2022
Below you will find more details about The Summer Reading Challenge:
Organised by charity The Reading Agency (www.readingagency.org.uk) and the UK public library network since 1999, the Summer Reading Challenge is the UK’s biggest annual reading promotion for children aged 4 to 11. The Challenge combines FREE access to books with fun, creative activities during the summer holidays. Throughout the Challenge, library staff and volunteers support the children, helping them to discover new authors and illustrators and to explore a wide range of different types of books and ways of reading.
How the Challenge works:
- Children sign up through their local library and receive a Gadgeteers collector poster.
- Children set a reading goal and borrow, read and review library books of their own choice during the summer, collecting special stickers to complete their poster.
- Library staff and volunteers are on hand to advise and run family-friendly activities.
- Children who complete the Summer Reading Challenge are presented with a certificate and medal.
- The official Challenge website hosts digital rewards, author videos, games and more for children to enjoy all summer: www.summerreadingchallenge.org.uk
What is Phonics / Oxford Owl
Phonics: How to pronounce pure sounds